BACA Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the Association are:
1) To look after the interests of Members by providing a ‘Resource Centre’ containing advice, support and any assistance or service falling within the remit of the Association, and to act as a channel of communication between the Members and the National, Home Country, Regional and all other Associations of athletics.
2) To disseminate knowledge, Information and experience of athletics and related matters, amongst Members nation-wide.
3) To operate in harmony with the UK Athletics and relevant organisations where possible, whilst retaining that independence of status necessary in representing the interests of Members and the position of the Association on issues in athletics.
4) To contribute to and benefit from the network of National Associations of Athletics Coaches within the family of the European Athletics Coaches Association (EACA), to support where appropriate the work and programme of the EACA, and to be the communication channel between Members of the Association and the EACA.
5) To be a channel of communication between the Members and the International Amateur Athletics Federation in relation to coaching matters, working in conjunction with UKA where possible.
6) To produce regular communications to Members conveying relevant material to the role of the Association.